🍯 honeybot py 1.0.0

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

HoneyBot is a python-based IRC bot. (python3.7) | If you want to just run the bot, go to the quick start section

HoneyBot is my first time collaborating to an open source project and I'm loving it. Before discovering HoneyBot, I was very intimidated on the idea of working with other people and had no idea what an IRC even was. Now I realize how much fun and rewarding it is to work together on a project with dedicated and friendly individuals. The documentation is easy to follow and everyone is super helpful. I highly recommend any new programmer who want to contribute on an open source project to try out HoneyBot. Personally I enjoy working on this project more than my own schoolwork. --@RiceAbove

Feel free to contribute to the project!

🕹 Project Motivation

Implementing the project in Java was weird, py's connect was sleek. Thus, the project stack was shifted over to Python. If you can think of any features, plugins, or functionality you wish to see in the project. Feel free to add it yourself, or create an issue detailing your ideas. We highly recommend you attempt to implement it yourself first and ask for help in our discord server !

Psst. Since I learnt py through this bot, we decided to keep a new-comers friendly policy. Feeling lost? Just ping.

Current Features

• 🍬 OOP architecture
  • 🛰️ keyword parameters
  • 🌵 password security with config file [disabled for now]
  • 🔌 now with plugins

⛰️ GUI clients

GUI clients are used to manage plugins, launch bot as well as specify credentials.

User Feedback