Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chain

Bad Religion and The Stooges Coming to Rock Band

• Administrators

Bad Religion and The Stooges Coming to Rock Band

The Rock Band store will soon be packing more Punk Rock power with the next pack to hit the scene for Rock band fans, and it features tunes from The Stooges and Bad Religion. The new tunes should be avaiable for the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii players in North America on July 20th, and in Europe on July 21, so get your band ready to rock with some classic cuts. The new tunes and deatils on the release are included in the Press Release below, so I won't take up any more of your time blathering on. Just let me get this out of my system: Iggy rulez!

Cambridge, Mass. – July 16, 2010 – Harmonix and MTV Games today announced that tracks from punk legends Bad Religion and The Stooges will be available next week in the Rock Band Music Store of downloadable content for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and WiiTM.

With more than 400 artists, including Jimi Hendrix, The Who, AC/DC and Green Day, who are exclusive to Rock Band, as well as more than 1,550 songs available through the Rock Band platform and 70 million songs sold through its download store alone, Rock Band is the undisputed sales and content leader in the interactive music space, providing the deepest and best selection of artists, songs and albums.

Rock Band DLC additions for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii Bad Religion formed in 1979 in Southern California and have been a driving force in the punk rock music scene since. They recently celebrated their 30th anniversary with a tour this spring that was documented on the collection 30 Years Live. Still, the punk legends show no sign of slowing down, and on Sept. 28 will release their 15th studio album, The Dissent of Man. Next week, two tracks from Bad Religion will be available for Rock Band play. “New Dark Ages” from the band’s 14th studio album, 2007’s New Maps of Hell, and “No Control,” the title track from the 1989 album of the same name, will both be available. The group is currently touring the world; fans can check out tour dates at http://www.BadReligion.com.

The Stooges will also expand their Rock Band offerings with “The Stooges Pack 01,” featuring three songs from the Iggy Pop-fronted punk group. American rockers The Stooges formed in 1967 and were instrumental in the rise of punk rock. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year. Available next week are “1969,” “I Wanna Be Your Dog” and “No Fun,” all from the group’s debut album, The Stooges, which was originally released in 1969. A collector's edition two-disc version of the album was released earlier this year exclusively on Rhino Handmade and is available only at http://www.rhino.com.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (July 20):

Bad Religion – “New Dark Ages”

Bad Religion – “No Control” +

The Stooges – “1969” +

The Stooges – “I Wanna Be Your Dog” +

The Stooges – “No Fun” +

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system July 21)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “The Stooges Pack 01,” as well as individual tracks, on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Songs marked with “+” will also be available in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store. Price: $1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per track $5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points) for The Stooges Pack 01 $2.00 USD (200 Wii PointsTM) per track

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **