UnrealIRCd is an Open Source IRC Server. Development of UnrealIRCd began in May of 1999. Unreal was created from the Dreamforge IRCd that was formerly used by the DALnet IRC Network. Over the years, many new and exciting features have been added to Unreal. It is hard to even see a resemblance between the current Unreal and Dreamforge. Some of Unreal's most notable features include:
- Channel Half-ops (+h)
- Channel Owners (+q) and Channel Admins (+a)
- Advanced anti-flood and anti-spam systems (such as Spamfilter)
- Advanced banning through 'extended bans'
- Swear filtering (+G)
- Channel linking (+L)
- Hostname cloaking (+x)
- Color blocking and stripping (+c/+S)
- WebTV Support
- SSL encrypted client and server connections
- Advanced and highly configurable configuration file
- Module support
- Extensive documentation in several languages (in HTML and on IRC through /HELPOP)
- And much more... see also the Features section in the official documentation
Unreal can run on several operating systems. Unreal works on most *nix OSes including Linux, BSD, MacOS X, Solaris, and HP-UX. Unreal also works on Windows (NT4/2K/XP/2003/Vista/7).
UnrealIRCd is designed to be an advanced IRCd, so it might not the best choice for beginners.
After this file has completed downloading, it is strongly recommended that you verify the authenticity of this file after it has been downloaded. Doing so will help to make sure your download has not been tampered with.
If this is the first time you verify an UnrealIRCd release, then import the public key by:gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 0x9FF03937To verify the integrity via GPG you must:
1) Download the checksum file for this file here.
2) Run the following command:gpg --verify Unreal22.214.171.124-SSL.exe.asc Unreal126.96.36.199-SSL.exe