Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chain

Joolo Opens

• Administrators

Well as usual I go and vist my good friend X-Ceptions site and found out hes been helping the old ItaliaIRC open with the new name joolo. Well from what I gather salina & X-Ception worked together on it. Creating this work of art and chatting system that enables anyone will to chat on IRC easy access. Or if your already a IRC user go here irc.joolo.net and join in the room joolo or join in the many other rooms!! Take a gander as its free ! For more info go here http://joolo.net

I thought I'd go somewhere different last night. I didn't realize how different thought.

Joolo was easy to get onto and create a nick. I Joined #joolo and realized there wasn't much english being spoken.

I was happily and promptly greeted In english by SICILIAN whom explained to me that If I went through the front door via webchat I could use the mibbit translator and join In the conversation. So I did. Registration was easy and straight foward and only took a couple of seconds. Registration completed I was taken straight into #joolo. I flicked on the translator so I was speaking In Italian and reading everything In english. Wellllllllllllll I thought that was Absolutly Fantastico.

there were 5 launguages all comunicating at the the same time. Spanish, Polish, Italian, French and English.

I could be understood and I could understand what was being said.

I'm Impressed and I can see this as a way of communicating with the rest of the world In the future.

Highly Recomended and Well worth a look.

• Administrators

Introducing SAW_230 the network IRCop

SAW_230 hails from Sicily, Italy. He first joined the IRC community two years ago in IrCQnet on #Italian and made some steadfast friends. He quickly developed a passion for learning the technical side of computing discovering the world of Linux and has a great interest in learning english.

From the enigma symbol came the birth of his nick from the film 'Saw', which he really loves a lot and which he claims, 'from the dark side of the human psyche! or is that my dark side?' Obviously he likes to play on this aspect but, deep down he really is a lovely person who appears to be tough but likes to help whoever is need.

One of SAW's traits is the ability to adapt a solution to any problem and if he sets his mind to something he hits it straight on like a bullet train. His closest friend told him that he is a geek because of his passion for Linux OS, but he doesn't repute himself to be a geek, and quoted; 'I am curious to obtain knowledge and therefore everything revolves around my curiosity to obtain that knowledge but, she insists that I am a geek and I know that she doesn't mean it and that she is really a sweet person. :) Well, that's my story and I am me, the one and only in this world like rest of us... united.'

SAW_230 joined the Joolo team as an IRCop and is always happy to lend a helping hand, be sure to nudge SAW_230 if you see him online he would love to try out his english, and you will be sure to get his attention if you mention Linux!

Source Joolo.net

• Administrators

Iam quite impressed with Joolo chat and how X-Ception has been doing a lot of work on the front page and getting things looking better and better. Also this server is making it very fun to be on. They have added games on the site now also. Not to mention is becomming quite a community and thats what there shooting for. they will in the future have all languages done for the website and the server, its becomming to be quite a rather nice IRC community!!

Translations - Italian Written by Salina | 05 July 2010

Hi All,

Joolo is always thinking of ways of making our Community bigger and better.

Our goal is to give our members a site which is unique and above all user-friendly, so with that in mind we have been working frantically over the past week and taken another step forward to translate the site to Italian for our Italian members.

We still have some documentation to finalise but, if you click on the Italian flag in the top corner you will see that the majority of the site now is in Italian. In the future we hope to also translate the site into German and Spanish. If you would like to see these translations done and you would like to assist us with these translations we would be more than happy to discuss it with you, just drop us a line on the forums.

A very big thank you to Sun, GlobalOp, who without a complaint, has worked with me non-stop for the past week to get this feature up and running for our Members.

If you notice any grammar errors they would be Sun's haaaaa! :P By all means drop us a line on the forums and we will make any necessary corrections.

We hope that this makes your Joolo experience more pleasurable.

Joolo Games Written by Salina | 27 June 2010

In case you haven't noticed, Joolo now has games on our site. Our staff have been busy testing them for the last few weeks to make ensure that they bug and error free for your enjoyment.

To access the games all you need to do is select the 'Games' tab and choose the game that you wish to play, it's that simple. We have also information under the 'Games' tab to show which game is the most Popular, the Leaderboard = who has the overall highest score and Newest game added.

A few games that are there for your pleasure:

•Wheel of Fortune

•Mission Impossible

•Happy Slap

•Kitten Canon

•Chuckie Egg

•Jaba the Zit

•Gold Miner

•DBZ Breakout

•etc...

If you look at the bottom of the game page that you selected you will also see that you can add the game to your favourites, report any problems with the game by selecting the 'report broken game' tab (you may also report any problems in our forums) and you can also add a comment!

Just to name a few! Overall we have 57 games!

So get happy slapping!